Dressing well daily is all about showcasing your body in the best and most flattering way possible — without trying to alter the body itself. Either you’re round-bellied, broad-shouldered, big-bottomed, or all three at once, you can look comfortable and stylish, with a little savvy dressing.
Here are some tips to consider when picking your next outfit –
COLOURS : Darker colors make certain parts hidden, while lighter colors highlight. (Check out the model in that picture)
So for ladies, if you have a slimmer waist, wear a light belt over a dark shirt. If you want to hide your large bottom half, wear dark pants and a lighter top.
PATTERNS: one way to talk about this that big patterns make you look big and small patterns make you look smaller. So if you have certain areas you don’t want to accentuate, you can wear smaller pattern designs there.
Also, horizontal patterns will make you look larger and vertical stripes will make you look slimmer.
CLOTHING: For ladies avoid clothing that are shapeless designs like wide legged trousers. If you are Peared shaped, wearing well tapered and pencil trousers can show off your well-defined hips and thighs.
For guys wear well-tailored shirts and trousers. Pay attention that the collars and cuffs of your shirts are well fitted and that the trousers are moderately tapered.
If you choose to wear pencil trousers, make sure you wear tops that are free-flowing. Wearing a top that is not fitting is fine as long as your lower torso looks tailored and is well defined.
ACCESSORIES: It will be good to say that accessories are designed to suit different body shapes. So that means that for guys, wearing a larger tie when suited up is much better than a slimmer tie.
For the ladies, a bigger bag will make you look smaller, as it does not look smaller next to you. Longer earrings will make your neck slimmer and longer and bigger bangles will make your wrist smaller.
CONFIDENCE: Be confident in how you look- you are you for a reason and no one can take that away from you.
Get into the right frame of mind. A few small mental shifts can make all the difference in how you look.
- 3 Things You Can Do To Improve First Impressions Instantly - January 25, 2019
- DRESS WELL – An Encouragement To Personal Self. - September 19, 2018
- UNIFORMS – The Psychology behind a Work Wear. - September 19, 2018
- Big, Fat and Stylish : A Style Guide For Plus Size People - June 6, 2018
- Style Guide On How To Create First Impressions - May 7, 2018
- How To Dress To Beat The Heat; 3 Style Tips For The Hot Weather - May 2, 2018
- Common Style Errors Most Men Make - March 12, 2018
- HALO EFFECT: The Sexy Underwear Effect… - March 12, 2018
- How to Dress To Kill - March 12, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide To Dressing For Job Interviews. - January 30, 2018