Close your eyes for a moment and imagine a person that is well-dressed. Chances are that you see an image of an individual who is Poised, Soft Spoken, Intelligent and very Confident.
There’s a certain study centered around the human behavior called THE CHOICE THEORY, which after much research, created 10 axioms that described the behavior of humans.
One of the axioms that caught my attention is the one which states that —
THE ONLY BEHAVIOR WE CAN CONTROL IS OURS.
This is very true. Experiences have shown that no one can make anyone change except they want to, the only thing you can do is to influence the behaviors that will lead to change.
How is this connected to dressing well? It is connected in a lot of ways. When you dress well, you experience a psychological phenomenon called Enclothed Cognition.
This basically release hormones that make you
- Feel good about yourself.
- Increase your self-confidence.
- Expect a certain behavior about yourself.
When you dress well, you look good, when you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, you give off positive vibes.
- 3 Things You Can Do To Improve First Impressions Instantly - January 25, 2019
- DRESS WELL – An Encouragement To Personal Self. - September 19, 2018
- UNIFORMS – The Psychology behind a Work Wear. - September 19, 2018
- Big, Fat and Stylish : A Style Guide For Plus Size People - June 6, 2018
- Style Guide On How To Create First Impressions - May 7, 2018
- How To Dress To Beat The Heat; 3 Style Tips For The Hot Weather - May 2, 2018
- Common Style Errors Most Men Make - March 12, 2018
- HALO EFFECT: The Sexy Underwear Effect… - March 12, 2018
- How to Dress To Kill - March 12, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide To Dressing For Job Interviews. - January 30, 2018